Tom
Tom, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician
3827149

Porsche Boxster S: I have a 2005 boxster s. The glove compartment

I have a 2005 boxster s. The glove compartment will not open. What do I do to get it open?
Is the locked jammed?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The lock when keyed turns left to right as before, so I don't know if its jammed or not.

Thanks Glenn

Ok if you glove it a good hard pull will it release sometimes thee is just paper jammed causing this issue.let me know.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

OK, that worked, but now you have to slam it very hard to get it to stay closed. Let me know.

Thanks,

Glenn

Ok just need to have the latch adjusted.you can move the striker by hand slightly down to fix this .Glad its fixed.Remember Im here if you need any further assistance for anything at all just let me know.Please rate excellent service so i can get credit for my help thanks.Bonuses greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

There are two strikers on each side of the compartment opening. They don't seem to move. Do I pry them down with something?

Thanks,

Glenn

Yes a regular flat screw driver will work fine.Remember Im here if you need any further assistance for anything at all just let me know.Please rate excellent service so i can get credit for my help thanks.Bonuses greatly appreciated.