Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

land rover range rover sport hse: hello, I have a range rover

hello, I have a range rover sports 2007/2008 model. I have noticed that the gear automatic selector does not function when the head lamps of the car are on but works perfectly during the day time when the head lamps are off. how do I solve this problem

Hi Nestor,

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would ask to see if you still need help with this.

If this is the indicator for the gear position that isn't working when the headlights are on or an electronic shifter that isn't working with the headlamps are on this can sometimes indicate a loss of voltage or ground.I would check and make sure the battery positive and negative cables are connected properly at the battery and to where they run as well as the connections clean and tight.I hope this has helped in some way here.If you need anything else don't hesitate to ask thats what I am here for.If you are not satisfied with my help here let me know before rating my help.3 to 5 smiley faces for a rating is appreciated.f any problems are found then it needs repaired.

I would also have the fault codes checked in the vehicle with a scan tool that can communicate with this vehicles computers,there may be a code or codes set related to this fault that would assist in locating this issue here.

I hope this has helped in some way here.If you need anything else don't hesitate to ask thats what I am here for.If you are not satisfied with my help here let me know before rating my help.3 to 5 smiley faces for a rating is appreciated.

Thanks Pete

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete