Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

Saab 9-5 Aero: I have a similar problem. I have a 2010 95

I have a similar problem. I have a 2010 95 X. When I turn the drivers set heater on, it stays on for 1 1/4 minutes and then shuts off. If I turn it on several times, the seat does not warm up at all.

I was told by two Ex Saab dealers the seat heater elements needed to be replaced. To repair I was quoted $555 $785.

Hard to believe both elements went bad at the same time.

I don't understand last statement that Chevy dealers will cover Saab Warranty. Please explain. I thought GM would cover warranty through 2009 year but not 2010 or 2011.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would ask to see if you still need help with this.

This does sound like the common fault of a shorted or failed heat element as this can cause the heated seat to shut off due to not being able to monitor the heated seat element resistance/heat from the heated element being shorted or open circuit.

Most common is usually the seat bottom element but I have seen both the bottom and the seat back elements fail causing this here.

You may have to contact the dealer on the warranty status of your vehicle here,they can pull a quick report on your vehicle to see if it is still under the factory warranty or if there are any special coverages/extended coverages for warranty as well.You might also be able to contact GM customer service to see if they will help with the cost for repair as well.

I hope this has helped in some way here.If you need anything else don't hesitate to ask thats what I am here for.If you are not satisfied with my help here let me know before rating my help.3 to 5 smiley faces for a rating is appreciated.

Thanks Pete

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete