Randall C
Randall C, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  32 years Foreign / Domestic Cars All aspects of Diag and Repair

Suzuki Xl7: Were is the crankshaft position and camshaft position

Were is the crankshaft position and camshaft position correlation bank 2 sensor a located on a Suzuki 2007 xl7
Hello, I am Randall. I have reviewed your question and working on it now. do you have trouble codes set you are working on? if so, code numbers?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
is this engine running ok?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Loosing power, can't hold speed wen cruise control is on. It just started about a monto ago
well, I will send information next. bear with me so i can type and send

ok, the code you have does not always mean bad sensors, In fact it is more to a stretched timing chain on the left side of the engine. I can not say the senors have or have not failed without scanner hooked up and viewing live data
If you do the sensors, you have one crank sensors and 2 cam sensors for the left bank or bank 2.
bank 2 is closest to front of the vehicle

First picture is the crank sensor, right side back of block, need to have on lift etec to change. the 2 cam sensors for bank 2 are shown in t he second picture. they are right at the front of the cylinder head

cam sesnors are #9 and #12

I hope this helps. please remember to rate my service before exiting the site so I can be credited for my time.

When you are satisfied with the information I’ve provided, I would appreciate your positive rating. I truly value your feedback.