Amedee, Former ASE Master Tech
Experience:  ASE certified tech advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector

Isuzu Axiom: I have a 2002 Isuzu Axiom, 4x4 loaded. The TOD

I have a 2002 Isuzu Axiom, 4x4 loaded. The TOD light came on once flashing, then steady for a while, then went off and hasn't come on again. The other day the car died at an intersection and wouldn't start. All electrical OK but no cranking from ignition and starter motor. Tow truck to mechanic... no problems - has run great since. What is the problem? I can't trust it now.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer!

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I can assist you with your question.

Are you saying that the engine now starts and runs?

Do you know the code number in the computer?

Are you saying that it stalled out and would not crank over at all?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I don't know any computer codes. That's right... it stalled out several times at an intersection in the past but this time it wouldn't start. No connection between the ignition and the starter motor. (no cranking) Started great when unloaded at the mechanic and runs great ever since. ???

Since the engine stalled out and would not even crank over, I would suspect something electrical going on. Something that can cause both stalling and no crank condition.

Since the stalling condition can be caused by so many different things, I would go directly after the starting system circuit first.

For example, in the starting circuit, a bad ignition switch or something related to the PCM can cause both your stalling condition as well as a no crank condition.

Below is a wiring diagram of your starting circuit. You will see that PCM (on the right hand side) controls the starter motor. And of course if the PCM went bad or loses power, it can also cause the engine to stall out. Same thing with the ignition switch (top of the diagram). So your going to want to focus on these two components next time this condition happens. Check to see if the check engine light comes on with the key on (this indicates that the computer is awake) and check for power going in and coming out of the ignition switch with the key on.

Here is the wiring diagram.