Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Dealership Svc. Mgr.
Experience:  Over 30 years experience in the automotive field

Suzuki Forenza: I have a 2004 Suzuki Forenza where the drivers

I have a 2004 Suzuki Forenza where the drivers side power window seems to work intermittently. I have had a local mechanic try to figure it out but to no avail. If you lift up on the window manually and apply the switch, sometimes it will return to life and go back up. When it doesn't work there is no noise or movement in the mechanism, it simply doesn't have power. Any help here? The switch panel has been replaced so it's not the switch. Is this a common problem with this model?
Category: Car
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 1 year ago.

Toyota Service :

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you by discussing your request in detail; thanks

Toyota Service :

Hi

Customer:

Hello!

Toyota Service :

Please allow me to ask you a quick question...

Toyota Service :

When the window works, is it working at normal speed, or does it seem slower?

Customer:

works at normal speed

Toyota Service :

Thank you.

Toyota Service :

This sounds very much like the internal circuit breaker inside the window motor is weak. This si the device that opens the circuit if the switch sticks on. This prevents the motor from burning up.

Customer:

where is that part located and how can I replace it?

Toyota Service :

it also causes the window to work sometimes, and it will work if raise the glass by pulling up on it

Customer:

does the entire motor have to be replaced?

Toyota Service :

The part is located inside the window motor, a new motor would be in order

Toyota Service :

Yes, I would recommend the motor being replaced to cure this condition

Customer:

I figured this would be an easy question for the expert to answer. Thanks.

Toyota Service :

The motor runs about 82 dollars

Customer:

is that the retail price or what a mechanic might expect to pay?

Toyota Service :

Do you have any other questions for me today? Thanks

Toyota Service :

82 dollars for the part and 2 hours labor at your areas labor rate. In my shop, the albor would be 180 dollars

Toyota Service :

*labor Apologies for the typo (arthritis)

Customer:

No, were done, thanks.

Toyota Service :

Thanks for choosing Just Answer

Toyota Service :

A positive rating would be greatly appreciated

Toyota Service :

Thanks again

Toyota Service, Dealership Svc. Mgr.
Experience: Over 30 years experience in the automotive field