Gary, Technician
Experience:  GM master tech for 15 years/ASE master tech for 20 years

Olds Achieva: 97 Olds Achieva quad 4, just replaced the starter

97 Olds Achieva quad 4, just replaced the starter so I can sell it, what a wrestling match that was, anyway I did something wrong with the wiring, it starts fine now but the "air bag, "ABS" and "brake light" indicators on the dash won't go out.

can you tell me what the 8th digit of your VIN number is ?

is the charge light on ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

"T" is the 8th character and yes the battery symbol flickers but it's on.

with the ignition key on does the airbag fuse show 12 volts on both sides of it testing it with the fuse in place through the little openings in the top of the fuse ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok can you see if the big power wire on the back of the alternator shows 12 volts ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the only wires accessable at this time are 2very small wires (approx18gage) which show no voltage.

ok on the big starter stud where the battery cables connects to the starter there should be a grey fusible link wire also connected to that stud piggy backed on the same stud so they touch each other that is what sends the power to the alternator that you do not have power too and it should and also once the alternator is power it should correct the other issues you have

so im sorry to say you have to get back at the starter solenoid and check those wires and see if they are connected as one more than likely is not