Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database

Suzuki Aerio ASG: I just bought a Suzuki Aerio ASG 2002 model

I just bought a Suzuki Aerio ASG 2002 model used with 90,000 km. I took it to the emission test and it failed, I did what was suggested to potentially 'reset the computer' (the battery was changed January 25, 2013) and returned for the test and it failed again. The report said, the Oxigen Sensor ad the EGR System was 'not ready'. The rest of the systems were "Ready" for the test. What could possibly cause this failure?
Welcome to JustAnswer, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm here to help get your problem resolved. I would think the battery has been disconnected or dead for some reason, maybe a part was being replaced. But if the battery hasn't been disconnected this shouldn't be the problem. Right "drive cycle" procedure will need to be done to make those systems ready. I would bring it back to dealership and let them do the drive cycle as it can be a pain to try and do it yourself. So as of right now no parts need to be replaced but the drive cycle needs to be performed so the computer can verify everything is working correctly. Let me know if you have questions or if there is anything else I can do to help. Thanks.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

As I mentioned, I have already done the driving cycle and I have driven this car on highway yesterday for 90 km, and in traffic as well, I also did the AC and Rear window thawing system while idling for three minutes, today I drove 30 km on highway in one session and in the city as well. Still after this the test came out the same, those two systems were not ready.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

So if the car's computer was not reset by me doing the driving around and compleitng the driving cycle, are there other ways to 'reset' the computer insead of starting to change parts?

Here are instructions to do the drive cycles, if they still don't complete they you will need a scantool to make sure all of the pretest conditions are being met which is why I recommended bringing it to the dealership if possible since this can be a pain. Parts probably do not need to be replaced, if that was the case the check engine light would come on. I would at least bring it to another shop if they are recommending parts without saying what parts or why. Let me know if you have questions or if there is anything else I can do to help, thanks.