Pete, Mechanic
Experience:  15 years automotive training and experience.

Type your question here...2004 van plas just replaced fuel

Type your question here...2004 van plas just replaced fuel pump she drove it twice it will not star ..only 60k mils help
Category: Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX X am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would ask to see if you still need help with this.

From what you have described here if the no start issue wasn't present before the fuel pump was replaced but now there is a no start issue after the pump was replaced this sounds like possibly the new pump is faulty and had failed soon after it was installed or possibly the connections at the pump are damaged.I would re check the work that was done on this vehicle to see if anything is found damaged or left loose.If anything is found then it needs repaired to correct this fault here.If this was an issue before and after the pump was replaced let me know.

I hope this has helped in some way here.If you need anything else don't hesitate to ask thats what I am here for.

Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The no start issue, was the reason for replacing the first fuel pump. Once againg the car has only been drive less that 20 miles. The same problem exist as before the replacment .

Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Have you checked to see if you have fuel pressure or spark at all?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

OK , Now you arrrre out of my feable range, of expertise. The present shop wishes to re-evalute their work. This appears to be ripoff. Need good information to prevent such.

Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Would you like me to opt out and put this question back on the list to see if others can assist more on this?

Let me know,thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No I just finshed .. got presure (PSI) and Fire at spark.. what other matter may arise. The key in the egnition and heard the spending soud from pump,

Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
It may be a good idea to have either the shop that did the fuel pump replacement double check their work to make sure nothing was installed incorrectly and to make sure the correct fuel pump was installed or a different reputable shop.Even though you have some fuel pressure this should be tested to make sure it is the correct pressure that this engine needs to start up.I have seen on some vehicles in the past where a pump was replaced and it was either the wrong pump causing this or failed shortly after.The electrical connections at the pump should be checked as well to make sure this isn't a wiring issue causing an intermittent no start issue since it did start and run after the pump was replaced but failed soon after.Since it did run and drive somewhat after the pump was replaced it sounds like this is still related to the pump or wiring to the pump possibly.It is difficult to pinpoint the exact fault from here but it does sound like this may be the new pump itself possibly or wiring to it.

I hope this has helped in some way here.If you need anything else don't hesitate to ask thats what I am here for.If you are not satisfied with my help here let me know before rating my help.

Thanks Pete
Pete, Mechanic
Experience: 15 years automotive training and experience.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete