Jack
Jack, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  I have been an automotive technician for over 15 years and have worked on most makes and models.
72783663

i have 2002 ford explorer. my drivers side door make alarm

1. i have 2002 ford explorer. my drivers side door make alarm goes off when door is locked. its telling me door ajar and dings from time to time when driving. even though no door is closed. I think its an easy fix, can you help
hello and welcome to Just Answer my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try and assist you today. can you also tell me if the dome/interior lights come on when this happens?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes

when my car is stable and locked except for drivers side, Nothing goes off. I have to lock all doors on car when the alarm keeps beeping. also when im driving it beeps and locks keep flicking, and tells me door ajar, but all my doors are closed....

ok what you more than likely have going on here is the door pin switch is sticking and may need to be replaced I have had some luck spraying the latch assembly of the door with a lot of lube and this sometimes helps the pin free up I will up load a picture of it if I can I am having problems with my computer for some reason have you ever had the door panels off before?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The ford dealership actually tried spraying all the doors and it worked for about 15min...

if they tried the spraying then it has to be replaced. Here is a link to show you the exact way to repair this problem this is a very common problem with these pin switches copy and paste this link and take a look the switch is priced right around 20.00 usd and should take about 1 hour in labor time take a look at this link and see if it comes up for you. http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=249253
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

normally small cost means high labor price..what should this run me about???

Tina,

sorry I had to take a service call quick, the part should be right around 20.00 USD and labor should be about 1 hours time if this was in my shop it should be about 100.00 USD, did the link work for you? you can narrow this done to the faulty door by waiting until it is not acting up and start with passenger front door open and close it then go to the passenger rear door (if it is a 4 door) open and shut it, then to the drivers rear door open and shut it, then to the drivers front door open and shut it and in between each door looking to see if the door ajar light stays on. Please rate me on my efforts as that is how I am compensated for my time 3 or higher if you have more questions I am here for you if not please rate and this does not end our chat you can still come back here and continue if we need to. thanks do you need more assistance