Pete, Mechanic
Experience:  15 years automotive training and experience.

My 2007 s6 just had a brand new engine put in, it ran perfect

My 2007 s6 just had a brand new engine put in, it ran perfect for 3 days and then getting on the highway i put it down in 3rd gear and the car started sputtering and hesitating, then shifted into 4rth and the same thing occured.then it stoped butt ever since the car has had constant power loss and ever once in a while it has almost the power it used too have. Ever thing has been replaced im thinking a falty intake flap or vacume leak what do think. thanks Dave
Category: Car
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm a Moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Hi Dave,

My name is XXXXX XXXXX X am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would ask to see if you still need help with this.

If you haven't had the fault codes checked yet this should be done to see if any codes have set in the engine computer for this issue as this will aid in locating this fault here.If there is a vacuum leak on the engine as well this can cause this,if no visible vacuum leak is found then you may want to have the intake smoke tested to see if any hard to locate vacuum leaks are located.I would also have the fuel pressure tested to see if fuel pressure is an issue as low fuel pressure can be caused by a restricted fuel filter or a weak fuel pump in some cases.

All of these should be checked into to see if the fault can be located,if these have already been checked let me know and we can continue.

I hope this has helped in some way here.If you need anything else don't hesitate to ask thats what I am here for.If you are not satisfied with my help here let me know before rating my help.

Thanks Pete
Pete, Mechanic
Experience: 15 years automotive training and experience.