caughlins
caughlins, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Advanced engine diagnosis master technician. Factory Trained on Bentley, Lamborghini, Lotus and Jaguar
68142990

Bentley Continental GT Convert: Customer complains of little

Customer complains of little to no rear sound. Put fader to rear, and there's little to no sound, only from the tweeters. Fault codes from scan. 00872, Bass Speaker Rear Left, 011 Open Circuit. 00873, Bass Speaker Rear Right, 011 Open Circuit. Manhattan Motor Cars gave me two 6*9's when I showed them the codes. Where do these go? We disassembled the rear int of the convertible, by no small means. The speakers back there are small midrange speakers. Not sure what to do? Do the 6*9's go someplace else that we can't see?

caughlins :

Do you hear any bass from the car? Colin

caughlins :

I'm sorry miss read what you where saying.

caughlins :

All four bass speakers are in the front doors. The 'rear' are at the back of the door but when you fad to the rear they stop playing.

caughlins :

If I remember the rear speakers are not the 6X9s the front ones are. The Rear are round speakers.

caughlins :

The amplifier is behind the starter battery. Can you tell if the car has had an aftermarket amplifier installed? Colin

Customer:

No aftermarket amplifier. So when the code says Rear Bass Speaker its back of the door. ..

Customer:

When you say rear at back of door, and then say rear at round.... you mean the rear speakers at back of door are round and are not the 6*9's..... that the front of door speakers are the 6*9's.

Customer:

Crap, Manhattan Motor Cars said that these were the Bass Speaker rears, they could be wrong, wouldn't be the first time.

caughlins :

Correct the rear speaker is at the back of the door on the two door Continental. You can see through the mesh and see the speaker size.

Customer:

You rock man, we have issues like this all the time.... anyway to hire you on our own? LOL. I'm gonna kick Luis in the butt, he's the parts guy from MMC.

caughlins :

I don't think hiring me would work out to well. I'm in California. Colin