sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

Mazda RX-8: Ive got a 2004 Mazda RX-8. The low beam headlights

I've got a 2004 Mazda RX-8. The low beam headlights don't work but the high beam's do. I've replaced the headlight relay (around $25) and examined the headlight fuses close to the headlight relay. Non of the fuses were blown. The low beams still don't can I fix this / what else could be causing the low beams to not work?
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

The headlamp relay is controlled by the headlamp switch. When the relay turns on it sends power through the headlamp fuses which you found, and then power goes out to the headlamps.

The first thing I would so is use a test lamp or voltmeter to see if there is power at the fuses with the headlamps on. If there is power then you know the problem is between the fuses and lamps, which could be either a wiring problem or internal fuse box problem.

If there is no power at the fuses then I would see if power is leaving the relay. If it is but there is nothing at the fuses then the problem is in the fuse box.

If there is nothing leaving the relay then pull it out and make sure two terminals have power. If not and all fuses are good then there is an internal fuse box problem.

If you do have two terminals with power but the relay isn't turning on then the problem is going to be the switch or it's wiring, most likely the switch itself. The switch should apply ground to the yellow/red wire with the headlamps on, this goes to the relay to turn it on.