Tom
Tom, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician
3827149

loss of power, transmissin will down shift and engine will

loss of power, transmissin will down shift and engine will go up to 5000 rpm and oscolate and transmission dosen't shift up at that point it just lets the engine riv
Is the engine light on?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I started home from my military weekend drill. It is aXXXXXfreeway most the way and I was about thirty miles into it when it started . The light didn't come on until I was about a hundred miles into the drive.

Ok the transmission is in limp mode the most common issue is a faulty accelerator pedal position sensor not giving the correct signal to the throttle position sensor .There are also issues with the throttle position sensors failing.Try to disconnect the battery and clamp the terminals together off the battery for 15 minutes to see of the system resets sometimes you get lucky.If there is still an issue then you need to have it towed to the closest dealer which will be at no cost to you as well as providing a rental car until its fixed.These are the next steps.Remember Im here if you need any further assistance for anything at all just let me know.Please rate excellent service so I can get credit for my help thanks.Bonuses greatly appreciated.Im very glad to be able to assist you today .Also thanks for everything you do for out freedom !