Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

Saab 9-3 2.0T: Saab 9-3 Sport Saloon 2004Plate inside front

Saab 9-3 Sport Saloon 2004
Plate inside front door has these numbers; 2-1-1-1-1-1---
I'm trying to tell if it has sport suspension or standard, VIN: YS3FF45F541036918
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would ask to see if you still need help with this.

The best way to find out what exact suspension your vehicle has is to contact a local or nearest dealer to you with your vehicles VIN number and they can then pull up your vehicles exact build and info to tell you what suspension is in your vehicle.

I did some research on the numbers posted above but didn't come up with anything on this vehicle for them as I am sure you have searched on line as well.The dealer is the place I usually contact when I need to know information like this here and their parts department is usually the best to contact on this.

I hope this has helped in some way here.If you need anything else don't hesitate to ask thats what I am here for.

Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I actually did all of that before trying here. Saab UK are useless, none of the seven "Dealers" had a clue from the VIN No. or the door plate numbering, which is the part that is supposed to identify the suspension. Seems only option that might yield a result is from Saab Sweden.

I'll leave the rating as it seems you have hit the same brick wall as I have. This is all because I am in dispute with a garage that have just fitted new front springs, which have the front end sitting higher than the back, the space between the Tyre and arch used to be almost none existent, now I can put in my clenched fist and move it up and down. Mind you the ride is much less harsh than before, but the end of the spring is 180 degrees away from the stop in the bottom cup and creaks as I'm steering, then jumps with a "boing" noise when on full lock. both sides are identical.

If this vehicle has the option for sport or normal suspension and if your vehicle always had minimal distance between the fender and tire but now the distance has increased it sounds like the wrong springs were used.I have seen this a few times before when the incorrect suspension springs are used.Hopefully the shop that installed them will double check that they did in fact install the correct springs and if they didn't (which it doesn't sound like they did) then hopefully they will replace them with the correct springs needed.

Let me know if you need anything else,thanks Pete.

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It's resolved thanks, I finally got the answer from Saab Sweden, the car was factory fitted with the sport suspension pack.

Seems the Arc version had standard springs, the linear can have standard or sport as an option, the Vector Sport has sport springs, the Aero has the same sport springs as the Vector with an option of a set 10mm even lower.

Mine has

Saab part No -93190595

So on Tuesday I'm getting the correct springs plus new upper bearings fitted for just the cost of the bearings, £UK 46 Bilesteien made.

Thanks for your help and I hope my babble above may be useful to you in the future.

Thank you and your information is good to have.Let us know if you need anything else in the future.

Thanks Pete