Edward, Service Technician
Experience:  20 + years experience on various makes and models.

I just replaced my front wheel bearing,brake pads and roter.

I just replaced my front wheel bearing,brake pads and roter. it starts to rumble going about 45 mph. then when I put on my brakes to stop it quits

Hi, thank you for asking your question today. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

-What year is your Car?
-What make and model is your Car?
-How many miles are on your Car?
-What type of engine is in your Car?
-What have you already tried?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

2000 ford ranger 4 by 4 97500 miles, 4.0 I haven't tried anything yet

Hello, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help with your question since the previous expert opted out. Let me ask, Is the vibration worse under acceleration? If you are running down a hill, and put the transmission in neutral at 45, does it go away then? And do you feel it more in the steering wheel? or in your seat? thanks.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I only feel it on a flat surface. I haven't tried down hill. I feel it more in the steering wheel. when I hit the brakes it pulls a little to right, that's the side I replaced. thanks

Try it under slight acceleration, and then try it with your foot off the gas. Tell me if that makes any difference at all, I have replaced some driveshafts for this issue, so grab the driveshaft and see if you have any play in the U-joints. let me know.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

it starts when I hit the slightest bump, it only stops when I come to a complete stop. the drive shaft is tight

Have you tried rotating the tires yet? If a tire is out of balance, if you hit a bump with it, that can send it into a out of balance shaking frenzy.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

brand new tires and balanced

If you raise the front wheels off the ground, Is there any play in the front hubs? there shouldn't be any. I wonder if you can duplicate the noise with the rear end raised and accelerating to 45 or so, that would tell us if it is in the rear or front.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no there is no play in front. I just replaced wheel bearing assembly. I haven't tried raising rear,to dark out. I just replaced the brake booster and master cylinder and left front caliper. do you think I should bleed my brakes again?

I understand. Trying to isolate it, is key to figuring out what is causing it, also, if you can get on a non busy road, try swerving slowly left to right, and loading the truck on one side or the other. See if that changes the noise any. If it is pulling more to the right now, Then it is possible you have some air trapped in the left, I would crack the bleeder, and let it gravity bleed for a little while.

The way I like to bleed brakes (without a vacuum type bleeder) is get someone in the truck, crack the bleeder, and tell them to slowly push the pedal all the way to floor and hold it to the floor, have them say "down" when the pedal is on the floor. Make sure they HOLD it on the floor, then tighten the bleeder. Then let the pedal back up, and repeat until you see no air out of the bleeder.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thanks for helping me out eddie! I'll try those things. have a good one!!

Alright, I'll click answer now, but don't rate me until your satisfied and try those test/things out I've mentioned. Thank you!
Edward, Service Technician
Experience: 20 + years experience on various makes and models.