Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

Ford territory: we have just bought a 2008 ford territory sr

we have just bought a 2008 ford territory sr rwd sy witch has a lot of road noise it is fitted with toyo h/t open country tyres ,the noise only cuts out when turning.could this be caused by the tyres or something else.

Hi Peter,

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would ask to see if you still need help with this.

From what you have described here this sounds like the noise may be coming from a faulty wheel bearing.Usually if you can turn to one side and the noise is quieter or goes away completely this can indicate a worn wheel bearing.When turning to the one side it removes weight from one side of the vehicle as the vehicle leans slightly and wheel bearing noise will usually quiet down with the weight removed from it.

I would have the wheel bearings checked to see if the fault can be located.Once the affected bearing is found then it can be replaced to correct this here.

I hope this has helped in some way here.If you need anything else don't hesitate to ask thats what I am here for.

Thanks Pete

Hi Peter,

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete