Marty
Marty, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE & Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 30 years experience.
13230946

RA-mls

Customer Question

Paul asked me to check fuse #1 and # ***** both show power out and to check the brown wire at the blower switch. There is no brown wire at the switch there are only4 wires orange with blk stripe green with white stripe a black wire and a yellow with red stripe none have power
Category: Car
Expert:  Marty replied 3 years ago.
Hi, perhaps I can help you sort this out. Power from the fuse #1 goes to the mode selector switch then through the switch to the blower motor and then from the blower motor the power goes to the blower speed switch and to the blower resistor. If your mode selector switch is bad you will have no power to the blower motor and therefore you will have no power to the blower speed switch or the resistor. If you have not yet replaced the mode selector switch I suggest you inspect the connector to the switch and make sure power is coming into the mode selector switch on the brown/yellow wire. If you have power into the switch but nothing coming out of the switch going to the blower motor you will need to replace the mode selector switch. Please reply back to this question if you need more help with this.
Marty
Expert:  Marty replied 3 years ago.
Hi, do you have any questions regarding the information that I provided?
Expert:  Marty replied 3 years ago.
Hi, why the poor service rating? If you need me to explain anything or if you need more help with this just reply back?