Greg, Technician
Experience:  17 years Shop Owner /Technician. 27 years experience,

Porsche 911: 99 porsche 911 wont start after driving for 30

99 porsche 911 wont start after driving for 30 minutes. let car sit for a while( 1 hr ) then it will start. i have read for hours on line and this seems to be a common problem. the list of what could be wrong is thirty different things, i will go bankrupt trying to fix this. What is most likely? my email [email protected] i have another 99 911 for backup, yes i am crazy. i am the only one in key west with 2 911's in my driveway. please help me. w wall
Hi .

If you Have a prober diagnostics done to check this issue you have you will save a fortune .

Here is what i suggest you do .

Take a drive down to your local garage that you are using and have them hook up your 911 to a diagnostic scan tool to check for any malfunction codes .

From the malfunction codes you will have an idea what the problem may be .

Most common on this car is the crankshaft sensor .

Have the test done and this will save you time and money ,if you have a autozone in your area they will do this for free and if you have any malfunction codes post them here for me to check and i will help you if needed.

Kind regards Greg