Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as a auto mechanic,foreign and domestic.5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

Why are all the "idiot" lights on re: tire pressure, oil cha

Why are all the "idiot" lights on re: tire pressure, oil change (way too early) traction warning, ABS warning ?
Hi,how are you?What year,make,and model is the vehicle?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Oh shoot! Sorry I thought you already had that info. 2008 Jeep Compass Not sure of sub style. 55K miles currently.

No problem.All of these lights are coming on at one time,or at different times?Also is the dealer fixing different issues each time,or can they just not figure the problem out?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

At both different times and the same time. By that I mean that they come on independently but by the time I begin driving all are on. I gave up on dealer after the first 3 went out at the same time, ABS, skid, & ESP bags.

Now the tire inflation warning also comes on but tires are fine and the change oil alarm sounds. I have sticker that says this is way too soon and no oil spots in drive.

Ok,what this issue is consistent with is the ECM/PCM (the vehicles computer) is not communicating with the vehicle properly and in turn sending false signals which trips the lights.The computer is most likely not bad,but the computer needs to be flashed/reset to cure the issue.Unfortunately this process has to be performed by the dealer as it requires a dealer scan tool.My suggestion is to start here as a first step.
Let me know if you need further assistance,thank you.