Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as a auto mechanic,foreign and domestic.5 years running my own repair business.

infinity g35 coupe: Hi ,I have a problem ,I own a 2004 g35

Hi ,I have a problem ,I own a 2004 g35 coupe .today i took it out for a drive as i was in 2nd gear going into 3rd gear the car started to jerk .I have no clue what it might be can anyone help me thx .
Hi,how are you?Did the jerking stop once you shifted to 4th gear?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes it did .as i drove back home 1st and 2nd where normal but 3rd thats were the jerking would start but as soon as i took it out 3rd it stopped

Ok,what this issue is consistent with a failing pilot bearing which when first failing is only noticeable in the lower gears.That would be the most likely,the other possibility is the 3rd gear synchronizer bearing causing the jerk.To replace the pilot bearing the complete clutch assembly has to come out,and to replace the synchronizer bearing the transmission has to come out and be opened up.The pilot bearing is the most likely of the two.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you

Thank you and don't forget to rate the
answer for me,you can always respond back to this question at any time even
after rating.