Daryl, Shop Owner, Certified Mechanic
Experience:  28 years experience, Master Mechanic

FORD F350 Crew cab 7.3L Diesel 4x4: I have a 1999.5 FORD F350

I have a 1999.5 FORD F350 with 7.3L diesel. while I was driving slowly and turned a right turn the engine quit. the starter works but the engine no start. Checked the under dash fuses and the #30 fuse was blown. replaced that fuse, truck started rite up and drove home approx 2 miles. two days later tried to start it, blew # XXXXX fuse as soon as I turned the key to the run position. I could hear the fuse pop as soon as I turned the key on. The #30 fuse controls PCM Relay coil, Fuel Heater, Wastegate Solenoid, Injector Driver Module Relay Coil.
Are there any known common cause for this problem, or what should I test first....

Hello and thank you for trusting me with your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help you with your problem. It is very common for the heater in the fuel filter housing to short out and cause this problem so what I would do is unplug that heater and see if the fuse stops blowing, if it does the heater will need replacing. I believe the heater unplugs on the drivers side or rear part of the filter housing. I am always willing to help so if you have more questions feel free to ask, thanks.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank-you for your response to my question. I will try that and get back to you as soon as possible. I need to disconnect the fuel heater, install the batteries, and turn the key on. Will let you know immediately after.

Thank-you AXEL

Ok good luck