sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

Kia spectra EX: ok I have a question when I turn my day lights

ok I have a question when I turn my day lights on the driver side in the back light wount come on but if I push the brake it will come on so there for I cant use the car at night just day time
Hello an welcome to JustAnswer!

It sounds like your left rear park lamp isn't working, correct? If the bulb is ok and the brake lamp works that rules out the ground side of the circuit and obviously the bulb.

Remove the bulb again and closely inspect the terminals and make sure there is no corrosion or signs of melting. A poor connection at the bulb on the park lamp circuit can prevent the bulb from lighting up.

Check your license plate lamps and see if they works or if they have stopped too. The license plate lamps are fused along with the left park lamp, if both have stopped then a blown fuse is likely.

If the connections and the fuse are ok then you've got a wiring issue somewhere in the park lamp circuit. All park lamps are controlled by the park lamp relay together, so if some work and not others then you know the relay is turning on and there has to be a wiring problem or blown fuse.