Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

Nissan Sentra: I bought a used 2011 Nissan Sentra SR yesterday,

I bought a used 2011 Nissan Sentra SR yesterday, 28K miles. It seemed to run fine on the test drive but I've noticed if I brake and then immediately accelerate there is a sluggish hesitation picking up speed. Never had a Nissan before. Is this normal? Sticky brakes? Problem with the Continuously Variable Transmission?

Hi Jeff,

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would ask to see if you still need help with this.

Is or has any check engine lights come on with this fault at all?

Has anything been checked or tested for this issue?

Does the engine rev up but the vehicle doesn't move when this happens or moves very slowly?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for for response. I still do need help with this. You asked three questions in your reply. The answer to all of them is "No."

O.k.,with the newer vehicles computerized systems they use if this was a fault with the engine or transmission components usually a check engine light would have come on to alert to you that a fault is detected.This doesn't mean there isn't anything wrong with this though.

To be safe I would have a shop or dealer check the fault codes (possibly the place you purchased it from) and see if any codes have set.If there are codes set then it can be tested to locate the fault.If no codes are set I would contact a dealer to see if they have any recent known issues with acceleration issues as my info doesn't show any issues like this but it may be slightly out of date.In some cases if this is a known issue a simple computer reprogram may correct this.

I know on some vehicles the computer controls the throttle and it may be holding back slightly causing this here meaning it may be possible this is normal operation for this design vehicle.It would be best to check and make sure no updated programming is available for this issue as well as no fault codes set to make sure this isn't a fault that needs corrected.

I hope this has helped in some way here.If you need anything else don't hesitate to ask thats what I am here for.

Thanks Pete
Hi Jeff,

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete