sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

Nissan Navara: The DPF light has come on in my Navara auto.

The DPF light has come on in my Navara auto. I amXXXXXaway from a nissan dealership. Can I drive it there or should I send for parts and do it myself?
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

It's hard to say if you will be able to drive it the five hours or not. If the particulate filter is plugged and will not regenerate then driving it five hours will plug it further to the point that the engine is unable to run. I've seen diesels with plugged particulate filters actually towed in and would no longer run because of the restriction.

Continued driving could also allow it to regenerate and burn off the soot though, but that's assuming everything in the system is working correctly. If something is causing excess soot or something in the aftertreatment system has failed then it will not be able to regenerate properly. If you have the means to diagnose and repair the problem yourself it might be a better idea to try to repair it yourself rather than attempt such a long drive.