Ridgerunnerras, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  I have been fixing cars for 26 years for myself and at a used Car dealer. I am skill mechnical and autobody and paint repair

car stalls at light would not restart battery dies, waited

car stalls at light would not restart battery dies, waited 2 hour restarted ran for 3 days and same thing happens. Honda Civic 2005

Hello I would like to help you.

It is possible that you may have a bad connection on your battery terminals.

If electrical connection your battery terminals is not good then your car cannot get the power from the batter it needs to run and also charge the battery.

Please try cleaning your battery terminal connections and making sure that your car is actually charging the battery into proper voltage around 13.5 to 14.5 volts when the engine is running.

I would also suggest that you take your car and have the battery checked. Most auto parts stores will check it for free, and some will also clean your terminals for you.

Please give this a try and let me know.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Put battery on charger and 20 minutes car starts. It also ran great for a week after first incident? No problems at all.

Have you cleaned the battery terminals?

disconnect them and clean with a wire brush.

If there is a poor electrical connection it may work ,but have intermittent problems. I have had this happen many times my self.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Its a good connection. Not a battery problem. Could it be the alternator

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The problem was the alternator. I had to replace it. Thanks,Mallory