Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

Saab 900 S Non Turbo 2.1: Good Evening, We Have a 91 900 non

Good Evening, We Have a 91 900 non Turbo 2.1 148000 trouble free miles. I am a former
Saab Tech from the early 80's. 2 days ago after driving 20 miles to dentist pulled into
lot oil light came on! Lifter noise so I Knew It was Pressure problem. Oil level full Mobil 1
Car is taken care of very well. Had Car towed home, drove 100 ft to shop and turned off
removed oil filter 1/4 full. When I had Trans out 1year ago pickup tube clean no carbon or sludge. We love our 900 would appreciate you thoughts. Jeff and Connie

Hi Jeff,

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would ask to see if you still need help with this.

With what you have described here to where this happened suddenly like this here and your engine oil filter is only 1/4 way full as it should be fuller this sounds like a possible failed oil pump on the front of the engine.

The biggest issue in some cases is just the pick up screen/tube clogging and causing this but if this has been cleaned/checked already most likely it is o.k.It might be worth it to re check it again to make sure it isn't restricted.

I would also inspect to see if the pressure relief valve is stuck or has a fault as this can sometimes cause this as well.Usually you may not see a full loss of oil pressure if this were to fail but it is possible as well.

It is difficult to say for sure from here exactly what has caused this without seeing the vehicle but this is what I would check into to see if the fault can be located.

I hope this has helped in some way here.If you need anything else don't hesitate to ask thats what I am here for.

Thanks Pete

Hi Jeff,

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete