Tom
Tom, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician
3827149

Land Rover Range Rover HSE: 2007 Land Rover HSE suspension

2007 Land Rover HSE suspension problems
Has the height sensor been checked for this issue ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I haven't done much, but I now see that the vehicle is sagging down in the rear after sitting 4 hours or so.I will look at the height sensor(s) readings when I get the scanner hooked up again. If there was a "leak" would you expect all the air bags to go down, or is there a way that only one or two bags would go down individually? I did notice that when driving in town on a local trip, the pump seemed to be running most of the time, on aXXXXX This is all I have for now. This may take a day or two to report back after you need info. I hope this is okay with you.

No problem it can be a hole in a bag but doubtful both rear bags so its most likely the height sensor .Check for any signs of green corrosion.These are what need to be checked next for this issue .Im here when ever you need me.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX the sensor located, and is there a front sensor & where is it at?

There is one at each wheel if one is bad it will affect the entire rear .Located on the strut.Heres what it looks like.
ClickHere
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Great ,I will be looking at each reading and then inspect them if needed. I am assuming if there is a problem, they would read differently from side to side on the scan data. Also, would that cause the vehicle to go down overnight if they had a sensor problem?

Yes it would have different readings and would cause the vehicle to go down overnight.Remember Im here if you need anything else just let me know.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Okay, I checked all the height sensors this morning and they looked/read what I think is normal and the vehicle sits pretty level. I started it and the pump sure seemed busy(I have the spare tire out and the pump exposed). After s short 4-5 minute drive the pump started making a on and off type noise and the relay seemed to be clicking. The vehicle then started riding low and the pump stopped running. I am thinking an air leak caused the pump to work harder than normal. It seemed very hot to the touch. I think my sensors read correctly(height). I will monitor the temp sensor reading and then try to find some air leaks- any tips on air leak detection? Would one bag leaking cause the others to lose air as well?

Ok to check for the air leak a spray bottle with soapy water will pinpoint the leak when sprayed on the airbag. It would only affect one wheel usually. So make sure those height sensors sensors and temperature sensors are not the the issue first. These are the next steps. Remember that I'm here if you need any further assistance just let me know. Please rate excellent service so I can get Credit for my help thanks. Bonuses greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I think that I was being confused by the leak. It would pump up and be fine for about 5-10 minutes and then the leak caused the pump to run too long and overheat. I will watch some readings tomorrow after the first start up and drive with this in mind. Also is it okay to lift the vehicle on any type of li or does it have to be a wheel lift.

A wheel lift is recommended so it does not damage the airbags. Remember that I'm here if you need any further assistance just let me know. Hoped this helped.Please rate excellent service so I can get Credit for my help thanks. Bonuses greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Trying to end this, but want to do the right thing. I have heard that the air suspension system can be replaced with a kit from Arnott Industries with a kit C-2145, it has springs and no air bags. This would seem to be a longer lasting repair, it would eliminate the auto suspension feature as well as it's problems. Any thoughts on this? Also I had an engine code P050b (this code was in the stored codes- any ideas on what this pertains to? Thanks for being patient and working with me on this! PS I have done several "normal" vehicles with the air bag to spring conversion and had no problems as all.

Yes the airbag to spring conversion is a great idle and does save a lot of money down the road. A simple ecm update is for this code it's due to a cold start signal to the ecm. Hoped this helped.Please rate excellent service so I can get Credit for my help thanks. Bonuses greatly appreciated. Thanks for letting me assist you with your issue today.