Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

Mazda Miata: I have a 2008 Mazda Miata Grand Touring PRHT -

I have a 2008 Mazda Miata Grand Touring PRHT - manual 6 speed - just turned 38,000 miles - took it to dealership - they pulled code - indicated clutch switch circuit relay - replaced both parts -
Part # XXXXX
Part # XXXXX
Engine light went out - week & 1/2 later light back on - couple of days - light out - week later -light on - light comes on when driving - goes off usually after it's been parked -
Car runs great - no loss of power - no noises -

Hi Betty,

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would ask to see if you still need help with this.

Have you had the fault codes re checked at all since the repairs were done?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi Pete - one of my sons is named Pete - no I have not done a code recheck - at this point dealership wants to do Sr Tech Analysis - not sure I'm on board w/that yet - travel about 20 miles commute but am doing a road trip from Houston to North Dallas - obviously don't want to destroy anything - has been a great car

By the way - thanx for responding - what do you suggest!
First thing I would have done is to have the fault codes re checked.This can be done by the same place that worked on the vehicle or another shop or dealer.If it is found that you have the same faults then the place that did the previous repairs I would hope would help cover if not cover the repairs completely to fix it correctly this time.

It's difficult to say from here what is going on with this light back on as it could be a different problem and then again it could be related to the same problem.If you can get the codes re checked then come back here and post them I can see if I can further assist with this from here.If it does come back being the same fault then the shop/dealer that did the previous repairs should help in some way to get this corrected as it would have been a misdiagnoses by them.The dealer I had worked at would cover the re diagnosis and repair free of charge if we had misdiagnosed something but all shops/dealers are different.I wouldn't take any long road trips until you know for sure what is at fault here just so you don't damage anything else on the vehicle.

I hope this has helped in some way here.If you need anything else don't hesitate to ask thats what I am here for.

Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Pete - I'll see if I can get the fault codes rechecked today - do I respond here to get in touch w/you again? Thanx for your help - I may rent a car
Yes,post the code info here when you are ready.

Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi Pete

Just got back from the dealership - the fault code is still clutch relay circuit - going to try to take it in next week for diagnostic and if it turns out it is in fact the clutch relay they "may" waive the $110 for the diagnostic - course after the code was done - light went out - thinking it should be OK to make the trip - thanx again!!
Your welcome.I hope they can get this resolved with ease.If you need anything else let me know.Don't forget to rate my help here,3 to 5 smiley faces is appreciated.

Thanks Pete
Hi Betty,

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete