Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as a auto mechanic,foreign and domestic.5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

land rover range rover: 03 range rover ..problem with stereo/nav......blank

Customer Question

03 range rover ..problem with stereo/nav......blank screen only
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Hi,how are you?Blank screen and no sound or just blank screen?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no anything...just blank screen

Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Ok,i am also a warranty inspector for factory and extended warranty companies and have inspected this units a lot.The circuit board inside the unit is the issue and requires replacement,the unit is not repairable and requires replacement of the complete assembly to correct the issue.If you have a extended warranty on the vehicle,this is a covered item on most contracts.Replacing the assembly will be the only way to fix the issue.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

which componet.there are many pieces to this unit.....the screen lights up..just blank no logo or anything

Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 1 year ago.
The screen comes as part of one assembly and this would be the unit that you would have to replace.The display assembly.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

after taking what said into consideration..thought about most of the night...this morning i terminated power to the unit and powered it back to reboot the system and it works fine now

Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Ok, just remember the question when you get the unit replaced,all you did was bring it back for right now,which is also another common trick when dealing with these units. You have to remember that you hAd to reset the unit for a reason,meaning without a fault you would have not had to reset it. Thanks for the rating,glad you got it fixed for the next couple of days.