Eric N
Eric N, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master certified L1, L2, Diesel Certified 16 years experience
34559540

1991 560 SEL. I am replacing the ignition switch, and I need

Customer Question

1991 560 SEL. I am replacing the ignition switch, and I need the collor codes for putting the wires back one the back of the switch.
Category: Car
Expert:  Eric N replied 1 year ago.

Enormandie :

Hi. I can create a pdf of the wiring shematics relating to the ignition switch if that will help you.

Enormandie :

hello?

Customer:

Is this where i talk to you?

Customer:

OK PDF. Send it

Enormandie :

Yes, you can stay in the chat.

Enormandie :

CLICK HERE for wiring diagrams.

Customer:

I have the wires oyt of order. I need to know where to put them back.

Enormandie :

Let me know if you get the file.

Enormandie :

Did you get the pdf?

Customer:

Let me print that out and see if that tells me where to put each wire back in the right place.

Customer:

I dont see the collers of the wires.

Enormandie :

The wiring colors are next to the circuits. They are appreviated like pk/gn for pink with green tracer

Customer:

This does not tell me how to put the wires back on.

Customer:

This seems like a bad copy. I can not see the really small letters.

Enormandie :

You can make the image larger on the computer

Customer:

Let me try that.

Customer:

I do not find the picture of the switch.

Enormandie :

Its the second diagram

Customer:

The letter are fuzzy. I can not see them. Page 2 of 3?

Customer:

I need a better copy.

Enormandie :

When in ADOBE reader, hit the zoom in button

Customer:

Can you just wright out the collers in order and e-mail them to me? Yes I know how to zoom. I just can not reed fuzzy.

Enormandie :

ok hold on

Customer:

I just need the order.

Enormandie :

Pin 1 is pink/yellow

Enormandie :

Pin 2 is violet - 2 wires go to it.

Customer:

Yes looks like this will get me there. I beleive there is about eight pins.

Enormandie :

pin 3 is red

Enormandie :

Pin 4 is Pink/Greem

Enormandie :

Pin 5 is red

Enormandie :

Pin 6 could be either pink/black or pink/red

Customer:

I am try ing to print out what we already haver. Not working.

Enormandie :

Pin 7 green/white

Enormandie :

Thats all the pins on the switch

Customer:

I am going to start writting.

Customer:

I have written it down. Are you going to e-mail all of this to me?

Enormandie :

You get all that written down?

Customer:

This all looks good, just what I needed.

Enormandie :

No. I can not send to users email addresses because it violates privacy or something...

Customer:

I have it all written down. Yes.

Customer:

How do I print this?

Enormandie :

I do not know of a way to print the chat session

Enormandie :

If that info will help please remember to rate my service today.

Customer:

I just did it. Let me tell you how.

Enormandie :

Please do

Customer:

Og to the top of the page and hold the left mouse butten and hileght the page all the way down. Right click butted and copy the page. Open the clipboard and paist it in. Now save it.

Customer:

Hay you did me good. Thank you. Just what I needed. You do good work

Enormandie :

Well thank you very much. If you have more questions in the future feel free to request me. And please remember to rate my service when we are done. Thanks again!

Customer:

OK i will rate you. By.

Eric N, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: ASE Master certified L1, L2, Diesel Certified 16 years experience