My name isXXXXX
I would really appreciate your help regarding some mechanical problems I am having right now. I am trying to get a "root cause” of my car issues in order to resolve the problem(s). In advance, I thank you for your time, expertise and advise! Grateful!
For more info see below...
VECHILE: 2007 Mini Cooper convertible. Purchased six months ago. Current miles: 67k miles.
ORIG PROBLEMS (driving/idle):
1. Felt: Slight viberation in steering wheel
2. Felt: Slight viberation in dashboard
3. Felt: Slight viberation in brake pad
4. Sound: Slight humming sound coming from front end of car, under hood (esp when accelerating gas petal w/increased speed)
1. Front and back brakes
2. Engine and transmission mounts
NEW PROBLEMS AFTER PARTS REPLACED (driving/idle):
1. Felt: INCREASED viberation in steering wheel
2. Felt: INCREASED viberation in dashboard
3. Felt: INCREASED viberation in brake pad
4. Sound: INCREASED humming sound coming from front end of car, under hood (esp when accelerating gas petal w/increased speed)
5. Felt: since viberation has increased in my car... my driver seat, front door on driver side and my drink in my cup holder (attached front and center of dashboard) viberate now too
6. Sound: Rough grinding sound coming from the front lower part of car - both sides of car possibly front brakes
7. Felt: Rough grinding coming from front lower part of car - both sides of car possibly front brakes
4. Sound: Rattling sound coming from inside dashboard, front center
As I mentioned above, the root cause of my car issues has not been found and problem(s) resolved as to date. I feel in my gut I may have not "necessarily” needed new engine and transmission mounts replaced in my car (esp at 67k miles. Someone I know questioned this. They felt miles were to low) BUT its a good possibly I need work done in the brake (bearings?) and exhaust systems areas instead.
Also, a couple of last things, in your expertise...
1. Do you feel its best for me to go back to the dealer again with these same problem(s) "been there 6 times already” or take it to another mechanic for a second opinion?
2. What is the best way for me to set up a maintenance/miles schedule for my 2007 Mini? Mini does not list one in driver/maintenance manuals. Nor does the mini dealer whom I purchased and take my car to for mechanical repairs "seem” to want to give me one either. Several service reps who work at this dealer have informed me the maintenance schedule is built in their computer system. But when I tell them I would like a "hard written copy” for my own knowledge (be pro-active) and files they "seem” very reluctant to print out and give me a copy and very uncomfortable as well - as if they are try to avoid or distract me from that subject altogether. What happen to transparency? As a citizen and consumer of the USA it is my right to have this info at hand esp since I purchased my car from the dealer in May, 2012. As to date, I have not been successful in them providing me with a maintenance/miles schedule for my mini - after making several attempts/requests. Will call back again on Monday and ask again.
Thats it! Alot I know! :-)
Thanks again for everything! Its "very very difficult” to find a good, honest, knowledgeable, organized and reputable auto mechanic business to take your car to these days! IT'S THE TRUTH! Your time, expertise and help is appreciated - esp your ear, understanding and patience!
Best regards, Deborah ([email protected]