Dad Mechanic
Dad Mechanic, Mechanic
Experience:  I have worked on everyting from Model Ts to 2012 Autos,

I wish to change the cylinder liners on a japanese 4 cyl TD27

I wish to change the cylinder liners on a japanese 4 cyl TD27 Diesel engine without removing the engine from the vehicle. I am a qualified auto tech and run my own shop. I have never attempted this before. Can you help? I have access to a machine shop to make tools etc.

Afternoon I have made my own puller but I am not at the garage to take a picture of it. If you can wait till Monday I will photo it and send it on. It is very simple to build pro about 15 to 20 $ parts. here is an OTC puller 2 expensive though. Jim Thanks for coming to Just Answers...

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX of making a puller myself. Just needed confirmation that it was possible to do in place. What about installing the new sleeves. would it help to put them in the freezer prior to installation? I wont be working on vehicle 'till our tuesday (new Zealand) so photos of puller would be helpful.

It only takes a 7/8 to 1 inch threaded rod 2 inch channel iron about 6 to 8 inches long couple of pieces of 1 inch pipe about 2 inches long. Dry ice makes sleeves shrink more and can be left in while installing selves. If I get a chance to stop at the garage ill take a couple pix. Jim!!!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Would be great if you could get some photos. Job doesn't sound too bad to do. You've been a great help.

Ill try to get to the shop tomorrow if i feel ok, Monday for sure. Jim!!!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok, thanks, XXXXX XXXXX to seeing them

I am trying to upload pictures I have lost the last connection I hope this link works for you disregard the fuses and circuit breakers I couldn't separate them. this puller is for wet sleeves. If yours are dry sleeves instead of the t-bar at the bottom you will need to cut a stepped circular plate to fit the sleeve. Jim!!!
hope I have helped you. If i can help you further please contact me. Jim!!!