Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, Mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.
14541291

2005 GMC YUKON DENALI: Why is my 2005 Denali running hot?

Customer Question

Why is my 2005 Denali running hot?
Category: Car
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 1 year ago.

tims auto repair :

hi

tims auto repair :

what engine do you have?

Customer: I have the 6.0
tims auto repair :

ok

tims auto repair :

please explain to me what happened..when did it first get hot..and,what all have you done

Customer: I have the 6.0
tims auto repair :

are you there?

Customer: Yesterday evening it give the (engine reduce power warning). I pulled over and noticed the engine coolant reservoir was spraying water and busted. I changed the thermostat and ordered a new reservoir.
tims auto repair :

ok

tims auto repair :

how hot did it show on the gauge?

Customer: Round 250
tims auto repair :

so,,you have already replaced the thermostat and the resivour ..corrrect?

Customer: Not the reservoir had to order it will have it early in the morning. I patched mine it don't look like it leaks but my truck still runs hot .
tims auto repair :

you may just have air in the system now

tims auto repair :

lets bleed it this way

tims auto repair :

1,you need to remove the radiator/reservoir cap when engine is cold

2-start the engine and let it idle

3-turn the heater on high

4-keep coolant on hand and add it as needed...some coolant may gush out with the air,so be careful

5-keep doing this until the engine is at operating tempeture,the heater is hot and the coolant in the radiator settles down

6-then install the cap

Customer: Ok I have been told that. How can I get it out?
tims auto repair :

2-start the engine and let it idle

3-turn the heater on high

6-then install the cap

tims auto repair :

Please RATE my answer by clicking the RATINGS button, so I can get credit for my work,,the [BAD SERVICE] and [POOR SERVICE] rating does not give me credit].i don't receive commission if you give a less than 3 star/smiley rating ..I'm not always going to be giving you good news,so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer.it does not cost you more money.we will still be able to communicate,,.please understand,i can not see,hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated!if you are not satisfied with my answer,please do not leave bad feed back,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question.if i have sent any diagrams,please print them.they will only stay on here for an hour or so...sometimes you may need to right click the image,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...PLEASE ASK IF YOU NEED MORE HELP

Customer: Thank you yery much!!!
tims auto repair :

you are very welcome

Tim's Auto Repair, Mechanic
Experience: Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.