Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Master Auto Tech
Experience:  Master, L1, L2, ASE 15yrs and running.

Bentley Turbo R: I have a 1989 Bentley turbo R...today the

Customer Question

I have a 1989 Bentley turbo R...today the passenger seat decided to move in all directions on its own without touching the switch....when the seat moves (again on its own)_ the interior lights dim considerably..I disconnected the battery in an attempt to have the computer reset, however that did not work...the typical cycle is tht once I start the car, the passenger seat travels forward and moves up and down as it is moving forward and then stops in a position closest to the dash. Any idea or should I disconnect the fuse (which I can not find) Thanks
Category: Car
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

Eurocar Inc. :

Hello there! I'm Eurocar ! I will try to assist you as much as I can. Quality research = Quality answer!!

Eurocar Inc. :

i will need your 17 digit serial # XXXXX get the proper location of either a fuse or a connector to disable the seat movement

Eurocar Inc. :

thanks

Customer:

SCBZR03B6KCX26699

Eurocar Inc. :

ok i do have your serial # XXXXX will check on this

Eurocar Inc. :

only thing is that the information will not be till tomorrow is that ok?

Eurocar Inc. :

does the seat just go up and down , forwards and backwards or both?

Customer:

I thought of removing the seat and disconnecting the connector, however I would not be able to screw the seat back in as the seat has to remain back when I re-screw the seat in and in the back position I will not be able to access the seat bolts as the seat position will not allow it

Customer:

The seat literally goes crazy on its own..up down

Customer:

forward and backward...

Eurocar Inc. :

understandable let me see if there is an easier way of doing this

Eurocar Inc. :

does this have seat memory or not?

Customer:

it moves on its own as soon as I start the car..the seat does stop after it is jammed in the full forward position...ideally if I could find the fuse i could just pull the fuse and stop it in the desired position and that would work

Customer:

Has a memory seat..I thought of that and tapped the memory button but that did not help

Eurocar Inc. :

dont leave i might have something !!

Customer:

believe me, I won't leave...I have the car sold tomorrow and need the seat at least secured

Eurocar Inc. :

ok here is the deal if you pull the fuse both seats will be disabled by looking at the diagram

Customer:

that is no good..can I get to the connector without taking the seat out

Eurocar Inc. :

never mind it is hard to read the old wiring diagrams

Customer:

does that mean you can't help woith this one???

Eurocar Inc. :

fuse b4 and fuse b5 they are 30 a fuses and will disable the seat

Customer:

where is the fuse box and which one should i pull b4 or b5

Eurocar Inc. :

both fuses

Eurocar Inc. :

checking!!

Eurocar Inc. :

here is the link of the layout of the fuse panels

Customer:

which box is it...by the facia ?? (where is the facia)

Eurocar Inc. :

trying to get a pic!!

Customer:

the facia stowage compartment is where on the car??

Customer:

where is the facia stowage compartmant located??

Eurocar Inc. :

glove box

Customer:

looked under the glove bos..no fuse panel, pulled the side panel off and all there is are abot 10 different connectors

Eurocar Inc. :

how about the back

Customer:

the back of what

Eurocar Inc. :

turn on the hazzards to hear where the box is

Eurocar Inc. :

the flasher is right next to the fuses

Customer:

ok hold on I'll try

Eurocar Inc. :

the english!!!??

Customer:

any idea where the damn flasher button is???

Eurocar Inc. :

hang on!

Customer:

I mean the hazzard button

Customer:

no wonder Jaguar went under!!

Eurocar Inc. :

still checking !!!

Customer:

ok

Eurocar Inc. :

if you look at the column rt side behind the shifter look there

Eurocar Inc. :

the pics are poor at my end

Customer:

I pushed a button and the lower dash popped open and there are the fuses!!! hang on I'll pull b4 and b5

Eurocar Inc. :

30 a fuses of 3rd panel

Eurocar Inc. :

of fuses

Customer:

YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY THE BEST...IT WORKED....THE SEAT IS DISABLED...I REMOVED THE THE TWO FUSES AND DONE DEAL

Eurocar Inc. :

nice!! do me a favor and take the time to fill out the feedback for the assistance given !!

Customer:

will do..thanks so much..what's your name ??

Eurocar Inc. :

just call me Eurocar i deal with all of the exotics in repair

Customer:

ok, I'll handle it..thanks again...

Wolfgang, Master Auto Tech
Experience: Master, L1, L2, ASE 15yrs and running.