Virtual Technician
Virtual Technician, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  25 years Experience. All makes and models, Shop Owner, Access to 4 repair databases. - I take the Opt Out Questions :)
14357943

CADALILAC ELDERADO: I HAVE A SERVICE RIDE CONTROLL LIGHT AND

I HAVE A SERVICE RIDE CONTROLL LIGHT AND A HOW DO I SHOUT OFF THE CHANGE TRANS FLUID LIGHT AFTER CHANGING IT, 1995 CADY ELDERADO

Virtual Technician :

Hello, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try my best to help you with your vehicle issue. Did you have any recent service work done?

Customer:

YES. I CHANGED THE TRANS FLUID AND PUT A THROTTLE POS SENSOR ON

Virtual Technician :

Did you hoist the vehicle to work on it or ramps?

Customer:

NO IT WENT UP ON A LIFT , BUT THE LIGHTS WERE ON BEFORE THAT EVEN HAPPEND, THEY WERE ON WHEN I BOUGHT IT,

Virtual Technician :

Oh. alright. Let me look something up. Be right back

Customer:

I CHANGED THE FLUID BECAUSE IT TOLD ME TOO, SO THERE MUST BE A WAY TO RESET THE LIGHT RIGHT.??

Virtual Technician :

Yup, is yours a "touring" ?

Customer:

HOW CAN I TELL

Customer:

5TH LETTER IN VIN IS L

Virtual Technician :

Got it thanks.

CHANGE TRANS FLUID MESSAGE RESET - PROCEDURE 1

This message will appear on the Driver Information Center (DIC) when transaxle fluid change is due. Change fluid in both the oil pan and side cover. To reset display, turn ignition on with engine off. On the climate control panel, press and hold OFF and REAR DEFOG buttons until TRANS FLUID RESET message appears in DIC (about 5-20 seconds).

Virtual Technician :

DIC = Driver Information Center

Customer:

FREAKN CRAZY.

Customer:

OK WHAT ABOUT THE OTHER LIGHT ?

Virtual Technician :

Lmao - yeah Cadillac has their own way for everything. I'm going to look up the ride control now

Customer:

THANKS

Virtual Technician :

You're going to LOVE the next one!

Customer:

I TRIED STICKING ONE LEG OUT THE BACK WINDOW AND BLOWING THE HORN 3 TIMES BUT THAT ONLY WORKS ON CHRYLSERS

Customer:

HIT ME LOU

Virtual Technician :

Hell - it might work here too!!! Here it comes!

Virtual Technician :

SELF-DIAGNOSTICS

• USING DIAGNOSTICS

NOTE: Checking system in self-diagnostics mode for more than 30 minutes with engine not running will discharge battery, possibly resulting in false diagnostic information being related or causing a no-start condition. If necessary, connect battery charger (turn ignition off before connecting).

NOTE: To exit diagnostics at any time, press AUTO or DEFOG button, or turn ignition off.

• Entering Diagnostics

Turn ignition on. Simultaneously push OFF and WARMER buttons on A/C-heater control panel.

• Segment Check

A segment check of all LEDs on the Instrument Panel Cluster (IPC) should begin. See Figure. During this check, all segments except the turn signal indicators should illuminate. If all segments do not illuminate, replace IPC. After segment check, diagnostic code display will automatically begin.

• Diagnostic Code Display

1. System will begin displaying codes (if any are stored). See Figure. The first character of the code is a letter that indicates which system the code applies to. See the SYSTEM LETTER CODE INTERPRETATION table.

2. The fifth character of the code is the letter "C" or "H". "C" stands for current code. Current means the fault currently exists (like a hard code), and the fault was present the last time the diagnostic test was run. "H" stands for history code. History means the fault does not currently exist, but existed before (like an intermittent code), and was not present the last time the diagnostic test was run.

3. If no codes are present for a system, a NO X CODE message will be displayed (with X being the system displayed). If the communication line for a system is not operating, a NO X DATA message will be displayed, indicating that the IPC could not communicate with that system.

SYSTEM LETTER CODE INTERPRETATION

LetterSystem (or Component)
      PPowertrain Control Module
      IInstrument Panel Cluster
      AAir Conditioning Programmer
      RSupplemental Inflatable Restraint
      TTraction Control System
      SRoad-Sensing Suspension

• Select System Mode

After trouble codes have been displayed, PCM? will be displayed. (At this point, to return to diagnostic code display, press OFF button, otherwise, continue procedure.) Cycle through systems by pressing LO button until desired system is displayed, then press HI button.

• Select Test Type Mode

RSS DATA will be displayed. (At this point, to return to SELECT SYSTEM MODE, press OFF button, otherwise, continue procedure.) Press LO button to cycle through tests until desired test is displayed. To enter desired test, press HI button.

• Select Test Mode

Press HI button to advance to next test or LO button to return to previous test. See Figure. (At this point, to return to SELECT TEST TYPE MODE, press OFF button, otherwise, continue procedure.) A description of available tests follows:

• RSS Data - Actual analog values (as seen/used by the system) are displayed.

• RSS Inputs - Displays state of lift/dive signal. HI state indicates PCM is not grounding the signal circuit (vehicle is NOT lifting or diving). LO signal indicates PCM is grounding the signal circuit (vehicle is lifting or diving).

• RSS Outputs (Output Cycling) - Output cycling can be used to determine if the output tests can be actuated regardless of the inputs and normal program instructions. After selecting an output test, HI and LO will be displayed for 3 seconds in each state to indicate command and output terminal voltage.

• RSS Clear Codes - To clear codes, press HI button. RSS CODES CLEAR message will be displayed for 3 seconds, then the system will automatically return to SELECT TEST TYPE MODE.

• Exiting Diagnostics

Press AUTO or DEFOG button, or turn ignition off. This will NOT cause codes to be erased.

Customer:

WTF. I AM GOING TO BED . BECAUSE I JUST GOT A MIGRANE.....

Customer:

I WILL TAKLE THIS BABY IN THE AM,.. THANKS FOR YOUR HELP

Virtual Technician :

here's the code chart!

Customer:

OK

Virtual Technician :

Full Size Image

Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

Let me know what you find in the morning after a GOOD Nights Sleep - You'll NEED it!!! .*grin*

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i got the trans light, but i am not getting optionns for test mode or data modes

Does this part work?

• Entering Diagnostics
  • Segment Check
  • Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok thanks

Lee,

Let me know if it goes into just that part of the diagnostic test to start

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i am trying to take thew top pad offf the dashboard to replace the instru. cluster. and i cant figure out how to get the vents out of the dash to access the screws that hold it down, please helpp

Here ya go!

(Why are we changing the cluster?

~~~~~~~

INSTRUMENT PANEL TOP COVER

• Removal & Installation
      1. Raise long defroster grille by carefully prying upward using small, flat-blade screwdriver. See Fig 1. Depending on interior trim, sunload sensor and twilight sentinel photocell may need to be removed from bottom of defroster grille, before removing grille from vehicle.
      2. Remove 3 top cover retaining screws from inside defroster grille opening. Remove A/C vent outlet grilles from front of panel by gently prying inward on each side of grille to release retaining tabs. Pull grilles straight out from panel openings.
      3. Remove 4 top cover retaining screws from inside grille openings. Remove top cover from instrument panel using care not to scratch windshield pillars. To install, reverse removal procedure.
    Customer: replied 3 years ago.

spedo meter and rpm went crazy, they were up and down as the pleased. swapped it out it it is the cats meow, thanks . but i am also replacing either the moyor or regulator on the passenger side window, it slowly creeps down as time goes by . and sometimes you have to pull it all the way up. ??

Just checking in to see how everything was working.

Rich