caughlins
caughlins, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Advanced engine diagnosis master technician. Factory Trained on Bentley, Lamborghini, Lotus and Jaguar
68142990

What would cause the air suspension of my 2006 Land Rover LR3

What would cause the air suspension of my 2006 Land Rover LR3 to lower while driving with a warning message on the dash not to exceed 30km per hour? and after I stop the vehicle and restart it only then I can raise the vehicle again but if I try to speed another warning message will come up and say SLOW DOWN OR VEHICLE WILL LOWER.

caughlins :

If there is a leak in the system or a weak air compressor the suspension will lower while driving. A warning will then be displayed to slow down. Then if you raise it to the off road height by accident the warning of slow down or vehicle will lower will be displayed. Has the LR3 started sinking over night or taking a long time to raise first thing in the morning? Colin

Customer:

No it does not sink over night but only when driving

Customer:

where would such leak occur, is it in the air lines (hose)

Customer:

the rear suspension always go up first and it takes a while for the front suspension to go up

caughlins :

The air springs on these tend to fail around 100K miles. The system logic is for the rear to rise first.

Customer:

ok

Customer:

what would be the possible solution for this?

caughlins :

If taken to a shop they could read the fault codes stored and give you a better idea if it is a leak or a failing pump. Both are just as likely depending on the mileage of the truck.

Customer:

it has 71k mileage on it

caughlins :

I would be leaning more towards a failing pump. It is not terribly difficult to do but the faults need to be cleared.

Customer:

ok

caughlins :

Do you have a shop you trust that you could have scan the module for fault codes?

Customer:

yes

caughlins :

Great! Is there anything else I can help you with today?

Customer:

nope

Customer:

thanks and I think if I need any more guidelines on the matter I will let you know and will also inform you of any possible outcome

caughlins :

Great. Let me know. Please remember to rate my answer. Kind Regards Colin

Customer:

ok,

Customer:

thanks for the help