Neal, Mechanic
Experience:  Auto repair pro and Mechanic on multiple makes.

2002 maserati sat for couple months recharged battery now

Customer Question

2002 maserati sat for couple months recharged battery now alarm wont deactivate and top is malfunctioning
Category: Car
Expert:  Neal replied 3 years ago.

Hello I'm Neal and I am here to help resolve your issue. If I cannot help I will opt out and refer your question to another expert.

That is likely going to be a bad battery, even if it is starting normally, if the voltage is fluctuating due to a bad cell it will trigger the alarm and confuse the computer. I would remove the battery and have it tested or replace it if it is old anyway. In most cases that will resolve the issue.

Lete know what you find.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

put new battery in no help. everything worked when it was parked just not when i went to start it up battery was dead recharged started but top loosened up and wont function and alarms wont deactivate seems like some things need to be reset somehow

Expert:  Neal replied 3 years ago.
I hate to say it, but then your are going to need to have the computer flashed by the dealer. The programming must have become corrupted when the voltage was low, fluctuating and low voltage can cause corruption. If the new battery and disconnecting the power has not reset it, then it is not going to reset by itself.