Pete, Mechanic
Experience:  15 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

Hyundai Genesis 4.6: I have a 2011 genesis 4 door. How do I

I have a 2011 genesis 4 door. How do I setup the Homelink garage door opener on the mirror?
Category: Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would ask to see if you still need help with this.

Try this procedure below to see if it will program the home link garage door opener,this should work.If it does not let me know.

PROCEDURE:
1. For first time training, press and hold the two outer Home link buttons, releasing
only when the Home link indicator light begins to flash after 20 seconds.
NOTE: Do not perform this step when training the additional Home link buttons.
2. Position the hand-held transmitter 1-3 inches away from the Home link mirror,
keeping the Home link indicator light in view.
3. Using both hands, simultaneously press and hold both the desired Home link button
and the hand held transmitter button.
DO NOT release until the Home link indicator light flashes slowly and then rapidly.
When the indicator light flashes rapidly, both buttons may be released. The rapid
flashing indicates successful training and the procedure is complete. This also
indicates that the garage door opener does not use rolling code technology.
Note: The garage door may open or close during this step.
Steps 4 through 7 are only necessary if the Home link button appears to be
transmitting after step 3, but the garage door does not operate.
4. Press and hold the trained Home link button and observe the indicator light.
If the indicator light is solid/continuous, training is complete and your device should
activate when the Home link button is pressed and released.
If the indicator light blinks rapidly for 2 seconds and then turns a solid/continuous light,
proceed with the following training instructions for a rolling code device. A second
person may make the following steps quicker and easier. It is recommended that a
ladder or similar device be used to obtain access to the motor housing. Do not stand
on the vehicle to perform the next steps.
5. At the garage door opener receiver (motor housing) in the garage, locate the “learn”
or “smart” button (usually near the hanging antenna wire attached to the unit). If
there is difficulty locating the training button, refer to the garage door opener’s
manual.
6. Press and release the “learn” or “smart” button (the name and color of the button
may vary by manufacturer).
NOTE: Once the button is pressed, there are 30 seconds in which to initiate the
next step.
7. Return to the vehicle and firmly press and hold the trained Home link button for two
seconds and release. Repeat the “press/hold/release” sequence up to 3 times to
complete the training process. If successful, your garage door should open or close
during this step.
If the vehicle owner continues to have difficulty programming their Home link mirror,
please have them contact Home link customer service directly at 1-800-355-3515 or
www.homelink.com for further assistance.

I hope this info has helped,if you need anything else let me know before rating my help here,thanks Pete.
Pete, Mechanic
Experience: 15 years automotive training and experience.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

Let me know,