Mike, Mechanic
Experience:  Hi, I have been a Car/vehicle mechanic 34 years. 29of -running my own repair/diagnostic business.

Suzuki Ignis: Can anyone tell me how to remove the car alarm

Can anyone tell me how to remove the car alarm system from a 2001 suzuki ignis
Hello and Welcome to justanswer...

My name is MIKE, Im happy to help / advise you with this..

Is this alarm system a factory fitted one,...or aftermarket? What is the problem with it exactly?

Rgds, MIKE...................................
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It's factory fitted and basically it decides to work only when it feels like it and we bought the car second hand so we only have one push button so just to make life easier, I want to remove or bypass it.

Also, are you able to tell me why my inside light won't go off in the door setting even though the doors are all shut.

Hello again..

Thank you for your reply. Im afraid I just missed it at the time so apologies for that.

WIth a factory fit alarm , you cant remove the system or bypass it but you can deal with whatever is causing the problems you have with it - which is why I asked what was occurring. With you mentioning that the inside light wont go off this is a clue to the fault / causing problems with the alarm....because it senses a voltage drop and will sound the alarm. The problem with that / or that is causing that sounds to be with that circuit - and that is a down to either a faulty switch on that door, or circuit / wire to it ( usually its the switch that needs renewing )

So check or have someone check on that door jamb switch - if you repair / renew that, from what you have said , that will cure your issues there saving you a lot of time and cost. If you need another remote you can get one of those easily from a parts supplier. That as above is going to be altogether your easiest / quickest / cost effective way forward on this. Let me know how you get on.

Let me know if you need anything else on this -

Meantime -- Please click on the OK rating to Excellent ratings service for me now, Thank you for that... and you can get back to me anytime if you need / wish..

Best Rgds, MIKE.

Please note, you are rating the content of my "answer" - my help to you - not the "system" which can experience delays etc which are not under my personal control -or delays caused by "time -off" which we all have on occasion - Thank you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks Mike,

The other thing that happens is if you have both internal lights in the off position, close the door and push the alarm button sometimes it doesnt active but other times it will.

If it doesnt activate, the alarm starts sounding anytime after 5mins to 1hour and once you let it go throught its cycle of about a minute, it will then let you lock the car once you press the button twice. (unlock then lock again)

Hi again...

Thank you for your reply / message..

Ok.. that is a clear indication of a fault on the switch or even a bad connection / wire to the switch itself check that first...

Other than that, the switch itself is suspect and will cause all your troubles with the system for sure... Its not unusual to have to renew these switches to be honest - but do just check the wire to it / connection as above first.

It certainly sounds as though you have narrowed it right down to the cause of everything so you are on the home run now ;)

Let me know if I can help you anymore at all though..

Best Rgds, MIKE.

...... Please do click on one of the OK~ Excellent service ratings for now please - as that is how I am credited for helping you... Thank you for that ....and you are Welcome back anytime..

Rgds - MIKE..