Steve
Steve, ASE Certified Tech
Experience:  25 years working as a service technician

1995 ford f150 4.9L eng. eng died and wont restart. ckd. all

Customer Question

1995 ford f150 4.9L eng. eng died and won't restart. ckd. all fuses,cked. power to coil power to both sides.,no spark from coil. tried new coil no help,tried new stater no help,tried ignition module no help. when cranking eng there is no pulse at wire to coil. this thing is about to drive me up the wall. is it possible that the ecm went bad. would appreciate a quick response. thanks retired lite and heavy line GM tech
Category: Car
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.

Steve :

Welcome and thanks for your question. My name is XXXXX, X will do whatever I can to answer your questions!

Steve :

I have seen this same concern many times myself over the last 30 years working for Ford and it sounds like to me the computer is fried.

Customer :

didn't mean to take so long to answer but something came up. sorry. you know thats whats been in the back of my head. because everything else chksok

Steve :

Yes I have to agree with you

Steve :

Sorry same thing happened to me something came up

Steve :

I can if you want help you replace the part that is bad in the computer.

Steve :

If you have a really good shodering gun I will give you directions on what to replace to resolve your concern in your computer. You will need to go to radio shack to buy the part cost less than a buck and some labor to fix.

Customer :

customer said that smelled something likr wire buring. i looked under the dash and didnt see nothing. nmso i assumed it was the ecm the smelled.

Steve :

Sounds like the computer is fried

Steve :

Do you want directions on how to repair the computer?

Steve :

Hi are you still thre/

Steve :

Hi are you still there?

Customer :

no i am just going to have customer to get a new one. thanks anyway signing off for the evening . will let ya know if that fixed it and get ya'll paid. thanks no1ghostryder

Steve :

Your welcome

Steve :

please remember to rate my answer with a smiley face, and press the green accept button. Thanks

Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
Hi

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

Let me know,
Steve
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
Hi

Let me know,
Steve