Tom
Tom, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician

1993 isuzu pickup: Ihave changed master cylinder bled the brakes

Customer Question

Ihave changed master cylinder bled the brakes from furthest to driver and get a pedal then wait a minute and it goes to the ground I covered my bases bench bled the m cylinder well no bubbles and no air or milky brake fluid still nothing
Category: Car
Expert:  Tom replied 1 year ago.
Ok is this equipped with ABS brakes and has the proportioning valve been checked.Also you are not losing fluid correct just air in the system.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

thats correct proportion valve not checked

Expert:  Tom replied 1 year ago.
Ok this will cause this issue.So if its not equipped with ABS you need to start there replace the valve and re bleed the entire system and you should be fine.If you have ABS you need to bleed the ABS system also .Remember Im here if you ever need any further assistance please let me know I would be more then happy to help you .Hoped this helped.Please rate excellent service so I can get Credit for my help thanks. Bonuses greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

abs system and light turns and brake light when i pump it it goes away how do i bleed abs system

Expert:  Tom replied 1 year ago.
This should help .

You may need a Tech1 scan tool to complete this.

Bleeding System

Note : Prior to bleeding the brakes, the following procedure must be followed to ensure the front and rear displacement cylinder pistons are returned to the top most position.

Start engine and allow it to run for at least 10 seconds (with foot off brake), this will cause the ABS to initialize itself. Make sure the ABS indicator lamp is "OFF" after about 3 seconds. If the lamp remains "ON," a Tech 1 must be used to diagnose the illumination of the indicator lamp.

If lamp goes "OFF" and stays "OFF," repeat this procedure one more time. Using Tech 1 or T-100, enter the "Manual Control" function and "Apply" the front and rear motors. The entire brake system should now be bled following either "Pressure Bleeding" or "Manual Bleeding".

Note : Use only DOT 3 brake fluid from a clean, sealed container. Do not use fluid from an open container that may be contaminated with water. Do not use DOT 5 brake fluid.

Manual Bleeding

Note : In the following steps, use a suitable container and/or shop cloths to catch fluid and prevent it from contacting any painted surfaces. Clean fluid reservoir cover and surrounding area.

1. Remove fluid reservoir cover.
  2. Inspect fluid level in reservoir and add to the correct level if necessary.
  3. Install fluid reservoir cover.

Hydraulic Modulator/Master Cylinder Assembly

1. Prime hydraulic modulator/master cylinder assembly.
  2. Attach bleeder hose to rearward bleeder valve and submerge opposite hose end in clean container partially filled with brake fluid.
  3. Slowly open rearward bleeder valve 1/2 to 3/4 turns.
  4. Depress brake pedal and hold until fluid begins to flow.
  5. Close valve and release brake pedal. Repeat procedure until no air bubbles are present.
  6. Repeat procedure for forward bleeder valve until fluids begins to flow. Note: Once fluid is seen to flow from both modulator bleeder valves, the hydraulic modulator/master cylinder assembly is sufficiently full of fluid. However, it may not be completely purged of air. At this point move to the wheel brakes and bleed them. This ensures that the lowest points in the system are completely free of air and then the hydraulic modulator/master cylinder assembly can be purged of any remaining air.

1. Remove fluid reservoir cover.
  3. Install fluid reservoir cover.
  4. Raise vehicle and suitably support. Bleed sequence: Right rear. Left rear. Right front. Left front.
  5. Bleed wheel brakes in sequence shown above. Attach bleeder hose to bleeder valve and submerge opposite hose in clean container partially filled with brake fluid. Open bleeder valve. Slowly depress brake pedal. Close valve and slowly release brake pedal. Wait 5 seconds.
  6. Repeat Step 5, including the five seconds wait until brake pedal feels firm at half travel and no air bubbles are observed in the bleeder hose.
  7. Repeat Steps 5 and 6 on left rear wheel brake.
  8. Repeat Steps 5 and 6 on front wheel brakes. Note: To assist in freeing entrapped air, tap lightly on caliper casting with a rubber mallet
  9. Lower vehicle.
  10. Remove fluid reservoir cover.
  11. Inspect fluid level in reservoir and fill to the correct level if necessary.
  12. Install fluid reservoir cover.
  13. Bleed the ABS hydraulic modulator/master cylinder assembly.
  14. Attach bleeder hose to rearward bleeder valve and submerge opposite end in clean container partially filled with brake fluid.
  15. Depress brake pedal with moderate force. Slowly open rearward bleeder valve 1/2 to 3/4 turns and allow fluid to flow.
  16. Close valve and release brake pedal. Wait five seconds.
  17. Repeat above steps, including the five second wait, until all the air is purged from the system.
  18. Repeat procedure for forward bleeder valve until all air is purged from the system.
  19. Remove fluid reservoir cover.
  20. Inspect fluid level in reservoir and fill to the correct level if necessary.
  21. Install fluid reservoir cover.
  22. With ignition "ON" apply brake pedal with moderate force and hold. Note pedal travel and feel. If pedal feels firm and constant and pedal travel is not excessive, start the engine. With the engine running, recheck the pedal travel. If it's still firm and constant and pedal travel is not excessive, go to Step 23. If pedal feels soft or has excessive travel either initially or after engine start, use the Tech 1, "Release" then "Apply" the motors 2 to 3 times and cycle the solenoids 5 to 10 times. Be sure to "Apply" the front and rear motors to ensure the pistons are in the up most position. Now repeat the procedure and start at Step 1.
  23. Road test the vehicle. Make several normal (non-ABS) stops from a moderate speed to ensure proper brake system function.

If there is still an issue you will need to replace the proportioning valve.Remember Im here if you ever need any further assistance please let me know I would be more then happy to help you .Hoped this helped.Please rate excellent service so I can get Credit for my help thanks. Bonuses greatly appreciated.