Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as a auto mechanic,foreign and domestic.5 years running my own repair business.

mitsubisho galant: 2000 galant, had crate motor put in, runs

2000 galant, had crate motor put in, runs good, little vibration in gear at idle but I know one of mounts is half gone, throwing service engine soon code P0505 for air idle issue. What is cheap way to service? Clean something?

Hi,how are you?Do you have the 4 or 6 cylinder?Also you just got the crate motor and transfered the existing parts from the old engine correct?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

4 cyl 2.4l engine, had someone put motor in, came with intake manifold, I know the exhaust manifold is mine. Have 6 month warranty, can go back to shop, but if it is simple fix, I can do it.

I would clean the throttle body and mass air flow sensor with intake cleaner and this should cure the issue for you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

OK, I will give it a try.

Ok thank you,and don't forget to rate the answer,thanks again.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Did cleaning, waiting to see if code pops up again.

Ok sounds good.