Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician/JA Mentor
3195632

Fiat 124 Spider: I have a 1978 Fiat 124 Spyder convertible.

I have a 1978 Fiat 124 Spyder convertible. It's not running as it's been sitting for two years. Needs new top and a paint job and some tender loving care. Someone who rebuilds
cars has expressed an interest but I have no idea what it's value is. Can you help.
HI,

Ok, you say the engine isnt running. Do you know offhand if it is due to a serious issue or not?

Is there any rust on the car, and if so, how much and how serious?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I believe it may be electrical...and no rust, live in the desert.

Ok, give me a few minutes and I will give you the low and high of its worth based upon the information given on its condition

I forgot to ask. what is its mileage?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

175000 +

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It is 175000 +

HI,

Ok, give me just a couple of more minutes now that I have the mileage
HI,

Ok, the high mileage, along with the top needing to be replaced and painted, along with not running does all affect its value.

A mint condition, low mileage(75,000 or less) 78 convertible spyder 124 model will get $20,000 to $22,000 on the market today.

With what is known wrong, plus possible electrical wiring issues to get it running, it would go in the lower end of the market if sold as is.

A fair market value will be $5200 to $6000 as is right now.

Please note, your Deposit doesn't constitute a payment. Please be sure to rate OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE to complete transaction or ask for more help by clicking REPLY TO EXPERT.

Positive feedback is always appreciated. Bonuses are welcome. Please note that if you have a subscription service you still need to to rate OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE , however you are not charged again. Thank you.

Please note the 1 to 2 faces(POOR AND BAD SERVICE) are a negative rating. Before choosing one of these, please reply first so that I can further help you