Pete, Mechanic
Experience:  15 years automotive training and experience.

My daughter has a Volvo c30 2008 it has an intermittant starting

Customer Question

My daughter has a Volvo c30 2008 it has an intermittant starting problem - garage bosch diagnostics indicates fuel injectors but they cant pin point problem - when it runs it is smooth with no power failure we have now noticed it starts in the morning and after standing for a while seems to be more likely when it is hot.
Category: Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX X am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would ask to see if you still need help with this.

Is the engine starting hard or very difficult to start?

Is there excess smoke from the tail pipe when it does start when acting up?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The volvo starts fine and when it does start there is no excess smoke.

Eddie

Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
O.k.,if the shop/garage was able to duplicate the problem when they did their checks/testing then they may be correct on this here.The fuel injectors can be common for leaking to much fuel through the return side in some cases with the diesel engines.This will cause starting issues and it may be more affected either with a cold start or a warm or hot start after the vehicle has ran for some time,shut off then restarted again.

I would ask the shop/garage if there is any type of guarantee they offer that if you allow this repair will it correct this issue and if not will they cover the costs for the repair or for the next diagnosis and repair to correct the fault here.Injectors can be common to cause faults like what is described.

I hope this info has helped,if you need anything else let me know before rating my help here,thanks Pete.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for now I will check the info out.

many thanks

Eddie

Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Your welcome,I hope you can get this resolved with ease.Don't forget to rate my help,3 to 5 smiley's is appreciated.

Thanks Pete
Pete, Mechanic
Experience: 15 years automotive training and experience.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

Let me know,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Before my daughter spends anymore cash she is going to use one of the injector cleaning products (Uni-Pour Bottle) she is hoping this will help. Definitely looks like the non start is after the engine gets hot?

many thanks

Eddie

Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Your welcome,let us know if you need anything else in the future.

Thanks Pete