Tom
Tom, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician
3827149

1997 landrover: ok i have a 97 landrover when i start it it

Customer Question

ok i have a 97 landrover when i start it it starts find when i turn it off won't start back up if i wait 3 min it start up again
Category: Car
Expert:  Tom replied 3 years ago.
Is the engine light on ?Is it missing fuel or spark when it does not start?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

first engine was on it gave the code of fuel pump so we change it then it gave a code misfire 5 so we cange the coil and still having the same promblem

Expert:  Tom replied 3 years ago.
Ok will it start with starting fluid and what were the number codes?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes it starts with staring fluid,the code was 1316 and po1313

Expert:  Tom replied 3 years ago.
Does it run ok with starting fluid or run rough ?Are you sure the fuel pump is good the new one and there is power to it?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no it runs fine when it turns on and i check the fuel pressure according to alldata

Expert:  Tom replied 3 years ago.
So the fuel pressure is good and just the injectors are not opening correct?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the injectors is not getting fire on the second turn over

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the knock sensor have anything to due with this promblem

Expert:  Tom replied 3 years ago.
No that would not cause this issue.Timing and compression is good correct?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

when the car turns over and start everything is fine i turn the car off and try to start again wont start and the injectors won't get no power

Expert:  Tom replied 3 years ago.
Does the security light flash when this happens?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no it doesn't

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

does the crank or cam shaft sensore have anything to due with this promblem

Expert:  Tom replied 3 years ago.
Thats exactly what i was getting to had a similar issue and the problem was a failing crank sensor.i would test this next for this issue as it sounds like the problem.Remember if you need anything else at all please let me know I would be more then happy to help you .Hoped this helped.Please rate excellent service so I can get Credit for my help thanks. Bonuses greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

but i comfuss the crank if it was bad they why is the car starting and driving fine until i shut it of and try to start it up again the injectors are not getting power

Expert:  Tom replied 3 years ago.
Because as soon as that heats up it shorts out and once its cool it will start again.Can be the contacts in the ignition switch also .I would check these next.Remember if you need anything else at all please let me know I would be more then happy to help you .Hoped this helped.Please rate excellent service so I can get Credit for my help thanks. Bonuses greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

because he couldn't solve the promblem i was accutually telling him and i final decided i will take it to landrover ,i try a second expert and he never replied

Expert:  Tom replied 3 years ago.
Why was this rated poor service. I gave you two options of what this can be. If you had any further questions or needed more assistance or tests just let me know. I'm here to work with you and been with you every step of the way in a very timely manner.