Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

I have a 2003 mitsubishi eclipse spyder. The switch for my

I have a 2003 mitsubishi eclipse spyder. The switch for my power seat came off. where can I get a new one? It works going forward and back but the adjustment for up and down does not. one of the pins or things that sticks in the mechanism broke off it is not broken in mechanism,

My mechanic asked me to see if I could get a replacement and he will fix it. 

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would ask to see if you still need help with this.

In some cases you can get this switch assembly from a dealer,it may come as a complete switch assembly and not just the switch component/part needed here.

If the dealer does not offer this switch assembly at all then I would check with a local parts store to see if they can obtain one.If they are not able to you can try this web site posted below.It is a site with several salvage yards listed.Just enter your vehicle info and what you are looking for to bring up the list of the cost,where it can be obtained and contact number.

I hope this info has helped,if you need anything else let me know before rating my help here,thanks Pete.
Pete, Technician
Experience: 17 years automotive training and experience.

Both the switches and the knobs can fail in this capacity. It sounds like it has already been removed but is unclear on the location of the damage so I will provide part information for both components.

The knobs are available from Mitsubishi still and are inexpensive. Below are the prices and part numbers for the available knobs (they come in different colors of course):

Brown - MR639079 $15.10
Black - MR750128 $13.45

The brown is a available at all of our warehouses and is no problem to order from any dealership. The black there is only one left in the country, located in our Los Angeles warehouse. If you need the black one I suggest you order soon.

If you were to need more than the knob and need the actual switch (more rare, but it still happens) then you would want:

Switch - MR140159 $363.40

Obviously if you have a switch failure you would want to pursue used switches for that type of price, though it is available in OK supply at our Atlanta warehouse should you want new.

The switch is unchanged from 2000-2005 Eclipse/Spyder, so any of those would be suitable donors for a used switch. It is important to note that if you buy a used one by part number you must verify the year of the donor as 2000-2005. The same part number was used for 95-99 Eclipse/Spyder as well, however the switch did not have screw holes on those years. The part was later revised with screw holes making it backwards compatible with the older models but not making the older switches forward compatible. A used switch needs to be 2000-2005 in order to be a direct replacement.

You can use a straight edge screw driver to insert behind the knob then gently twist to push it off if you haven't already. When you do this you will then be able to inspect the switch to see if you can activate the tilt or not. If the switch itself is broken, the switch requires replacement. If the engagement portion of the knob is broken, you just need a new knob.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

are you online now?

Did you need help?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes I looked online and found the part. should I just order it?

That depends, have you confirmed which component failed?

If you are ordering new, Mentor Mitsubishi (.com) sells for 25% below MSRP. If you need the switch that will certainly help out a bit!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Pretty sure it is just the knob. Is that the best site to order from?

It was 10 something then 12 shipping

If it is just the knob you need, I would contact your local dealership... You're talking about a good $10 difference in price unless the dealership is ramping their prices up or something.
If you do not have a dealership near you then that would be your best bet, unfortunate as the shipping is.