Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

Toyota Corolla: I have 2008 Toyota Corolla. On Saturday morning

I have 2008 Toyota Corolla. On Saturday morning four warning lights didn't turn off once the car was moving. The warning lights concerned are brakes light, power steering light, ABS light and airbag light. I've checked the brake fluid and power steering fluid and there are no problems there. The cars brakes work normally. any suggestions would be appreciated.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would ask to see if you still need help with this.

Do these lights go off and stay off if you turned the engine/key off then turned it back on and start the vehicle again at all?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I tried that a couple of times, but they stayed on. I even tried dis-connecting the battery for an hour. But they still come on and stay on.

O.k.,from what you have described here this may be a fault within the ABS/braking components causing the abs,power steering and brake light to come on and a fault within the air bag components in the vehicle causing this air bag light to come on.

It is uncommon to have two separate components fail at the same time causing all of these lights to come on here but is possible.What can cause all of these lights to come on and stay on like this in some cases is a fault with voltage or ground to the control units.If there is a lack of voltage (possibly from the ignition switch assembly) then it can cause this issue.

What needs to be done from here is to have the fault codes checked with either a code reader or scan tool that can communicate with all computers on this vehicle.If any codes have set in any computer on the vehicle then they need diagnosed to locate this fault here.The codes may also help in pin pointing the fault in some cases.

If no codes have set then the vehicle would need to be tested to see if this is a power or ground loss issue causing this here.

I hope this info has helped,if you need anything else let me know before rating my help here,thanks Pete.

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

Let me know,