Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

Rover 827Si: Hi, 1992 Rover 827Si full Acceleration when cold

Hi, 1992 Rover 827Si full Acceleration when cold after a minute not so quick will speed but some missfire and more noise from engine when pushing the pedal down.
What to look for no LED:s or code flashing. New Distrub cap and rotor
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would ask to see if you still need help with this.

Has anything been checked or tested like vacuum leaks or fuel pressure at all?

Can you plug a scan tool into the vehicle to observe coolant temperature when this happens?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Pete. No tests of vacuum leaks or fuel but I have fitted a new fuel filter.

I have no scan tool and when it comes to work with the vehicle I have to wait another month until it´s get´s snowing again!

One "expert" around said it could be a sensor for the engine temp?

O.k.,it is difficult to pinpoint for sure from here on exactly what is at fault but from what you have described here this sounds like you may have a vacuum leak on the engine itself causing this issue or possibly low fuel pressure or an incorrectly reading coolant temperature sensor making the computer think the engine is warmer then it actually is.All of these will cause a lean engine running condition and can cause this issue here.

I would visually check the engine over for any vacuum leaks,if any are found then they need corrected.If no leaks are found visibly the next step would be to have the engine smoke tested,smoke would be injected into the engine to see if any vacuum leaks are found.

If there are no vacuum leaks then the next step would be to have the fuel pressure tested,this is done with a fuel pressure test gage.If the pressure is found low then you may have a weak fuel pump needing replaced.

If these are all o.k. then the next step would be to check the coolant temp sensor signal,this is best done with a scan tool plugged into your vehicle to read the actual temperature.If it reads quite a bit warmer in temperature on a cold start then it should be then you may have a faulty coolant temp sensor causing this here.

I hope this info has helped,if you need anything else let me know before rating my help here,thanks Pete.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Tank you for time beeing
At least I have something to start with
Regards Leif
Your welcome.Let us know if you need anything else in the future.

Thanks Pete

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

Let me know,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi no time this week
but next week at a friends Garage I will start to check your ideas since it sounds very interesting. Beeing an retired TV Technician I also have a couple of Oscilloscopes I can use.
If mail works ok I will let you know.
Regards Leif
Sounds good.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.

Thanks Pete