K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Technician, Associates Degree in Automotive Technology, 15+ years in the trade
68360881

Nissan/Datsun navara aventura: hi,Just bought a 2007 nissan

hi,
Just bought a 2007 nissan navara aventura, to lower the spare wheel I have the bars etc fed in behind bumper but where the t bar should slot in there is no collar on the lowering mechanism to slot the t bar into. do I need to buy a full loowing mechanism or is it a part specific to these aventuras to stop people nicking the spare?
cheers

I'm a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Cheers, XXXXX XXXXX can wait, thanks
Hello and welcome to Just Answer! Indeed, on your year model there is a special bit in the tool kit that goes on the end of the lowering rod. If it is not in your tool kit behind the seat you will have to go to a Nissan dealer and show proof of ownership and they will sell you one. Later 2007 models do not use the special piece as they switched to steel wheels which Nissan figured no one would go through the trouble of nicking.
K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: ASE Certified Technician, Associates Degree in Automotive Technology, 15+ years in the trade